Today was the first day back to school for the kids. I would be lying if I didn’t say I enjoyed the peace and quiet today too! I always love holidays, but I always love to be back in routine as well, and to be able to hear myself think!
So I have another recipe for you. I make this one a-LOT. It is a favourite of many, and often requested by guest that stay with us as well. Best of all it is an easy one pot wonder meal, freezes well, and makes enough for two meals, and is delicious! So what is not to love about this one (apart from the calories ðŸ˜‰
- 2-3 Chicken breasts
- 1 Large onion
- 5 Carrots
- 1 Large green capsicum
- 1 Cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tblspn chicken stock powder
- 2 Cans creamed corn
- 1 Can corn kernels
- 500ml thickened cream
- 2 tsp (or more if you like it spicy) good curry powder
- 1 Tblspn cornflour to thicken
- Dice Chicken breasts, and brown in the bottom of your large saucepan with a drizzle of olive oil. When browned remove from the pan.
- Dice onion, carrots, capsicum, and slice mushrooms
- Place vegetables into the same saucepan you cooked the chicken in, and just cover with water. Add the Chicken stock powder to the water.
- Boil the vegetables until the carrots are soft. Do not remove the water.
- Add the cans of creamed corn, corn kernels, curry powder and cream.
- Heat all these ingredients until piping hot, but not boiling or the cream will curdle.
- If the curry is still a bit too runny, add the tablespoon / s of cornflour to the mixture and stir until it has thickened.
- Serve on top of rice and garnish with fresh chilli if desired.
- This can easily be frozen, and re-heated.