Today I have another family fave to share. This is the most easiest and yummiest cake, and always a crowd pleaser. Better still it is super easy to make and only requires a few ingredients as well. I have converted it to be whipped up in my thermomix as well, so I will give you those instructions as well.
Okay so here it is….
- 2½ cups Self-raising flour
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 250gms butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 800g tin of pie apples
- Custard powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Place your butter, egg and sugar in to a large bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add your self-raising flour and stir well until all combined and crumbly.
- Grease a large lamington tray, or two 20cm square or circle tins
- Take two-thirds of this mixture and evenly spread mixture into base of your tray, until evenly spread out to all the corners.
- Sprinkle the base with custard powder and cinnamon (generously)
- Place the tinned apples and sliced fresh strawberries onto the base, and sprinkle with some more cinnamon
- Take the last third of the pasty mixture and crumble it evenly over the top of the fruit
- Bake in your oven for approx 45mins or until golden brown.
- FOR THERMOMIX:
- Add all the pasty ingredients into your thermomix bowl (flour, sugar, egg, and butter)
- Turn onto speed 6-7 and assist the blending with your thermomix spatula in the top of the lid.
- This will take about 30 seconds. Check your mixture, and see if it is well blended. Add some more time and stirring with the spatula to get it to the crumbly consistency. Add more SR flour if it is too soft and moist.
- Follow recipe as above from step 3.
Be sure to post your images to the facebook page with #appleandstrawberryshortcake