Hi, I’m Keesh!
Happily espoused, staying alive with 5 (kids), caring counsellor, tea guzzler, Crossfit crazy, frenzied foodie, wisdom warrior, book breeder, handmade junkie… These are just a few words to describe me!
Some say I lead a crazy life, others suggest I have superpowers, others think I mustn’t sleep… but the truth of it all is – I am BLESSED!
God has richly blessed my life with an awesome husband, and five completely different, creative, funny and intelligent kids who keep me on my toes! I have an absolute passion for people and living wisely by God’s grace.
I have so much to be grateful for, and these blessings, I wish to share with you. It won’t be perfect – as I am far from perfect, but it will hopefully be joyful, encouraging, uplifting and a blessing to you!
A few other random facts about me:
- I am allergic to coffee….yes indeed coffee! Thankfully though I drink enough tea to compensate
- For some time I have dreamed of being a midwife. Can’t get enough of that newborn sweetness!
- I am completely and utterly addicted to lists! I can’t function without my ‘today’, ‘this week’, ‘cleaning’, ‘shopping’, ‘birthday’ Lists! It is what keeps me remotely sane!
- I never in my wildest dreams thought I would have 5 kids, I was just not maternal enough, but absolutely love it! (umm….maybe not all the laundry though!)
- I have always wanted to write a book since my year 3 teacher Mrs Gregory told me I could tell a mean story
- I have been sugar free for two years! Now that is certainly are words I never thought would come out of my mouth having been a chocoholic for many a year!
- I have a phobia of OP shops….I just can’t handle the smell…..urgh!
- My all time Favourite food to gnaw on is home made pizza, swallowed down by a nice glass of Cab Sav…mmm my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
- I once lived in a Funeral Parlour as a caretaker, when I was living in Fremantle as a Uni student. It was always a great conversations starter when I met new people!
- I am actually a Building Certifier (Building surveyor) by trade, but gave that up when I left to have our kids. Hottie Hubs is one too, and we met and fell in love in our office where we worked together……BUT we managed to keep it under wraps for 9 whole months.
- I have always been artsy / crafty. I love to draw, paint, stamp, sew, bake scrapbook, etc….The crafty side was in a hiatus when it was considered daggy to make ‘home-made’. I am so glad it is now back in vogue!
- I actually love to weight lift! I started this crazy thing called ‘Crossfit’ nearly two years ago, and it has become so addictive (in a good way). I never thought I would do pullup’s, handstand pushups, climb ropes to the rooftop, and technically fling a weight bar around……but I LOVE every minute of it as it pushes me both physically and mentally each time!
- I’m not really a crier, but a sad movie can have me sobbing in my seat at the cinema….it is a good thing it is dark in there!
- I have only one sibling, a brother named Bryn, whom I adore. He is married to the most gorgeous gal named Kate who is from Baltimore USA. love them to pieces.
- Moving across the country from Perth to Cairns was the scariest, and hardest thing I have ever done. Thankfully it was the BEST decision ever. We totally miss our family and friends in the West, but we love the lifestyle of Cairns, and living in the tropics, minus the mould